Low Glycemic Hot Chocolate Bomb
It's National Hot Chocolate Day! We want to celebrate by giving you a deliciously comforting, yet low-glycemic recipe to try at home. While this recipe is much healthier than traditional hot chocolate, it's still a good idea to check your blood sugar with Genteel Lancing Device before and after you enjoy.
Checking sugars is a part of every day life for those with diabetes, and we're glad we can offer a more comfortable experience with the Genteel lancing device. Genteel lancing device uses depth control to avoid deep pain nerves, and vacuum technology to bring a drop of blood to the surface with no additional squeezing! Alleviate even more pain by testing on alternate sites, such as the palm, with Genteel Lancing Device as well.
We know you work hard to keep up these good habits, and we aim to make it easier for you to maintain other healthy habits as well. That's why on National Hot Chocolate Day, we want to give you a recipe using our favorite healthy chocolate, Cocacao! These delightful chocolatey bites are organic, vegan, low glycemic and gluten free.
Cocacao is made with love using coconut oil, coconut nectar & cacao. Coconut oil is high in MCT. This is a type of fat that your body metabolizes differently than most others, and is responsible for many of its health benefits. Coconut Nectar is the sweetener in this chocolate, which is rich in potassium, magnesium, zinc and iron. It is also full of Vitamin B1, B2, B3, C and B6. Lastly, coconut nectar has a low Glycemic Index (GI) so it can be safe for people with diabetes when consumed in moderation.
Read on to learn how you can turn these delectable Cocacao bites into the Hot Chocolate Bomb of your dreams! As always, don't forget to check your sugars with Genteel Lancing device, before and after you enjoy.
- Place Cocacao chocolate bites and cocao powder into a small bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 5 second increments, making sure to stir in between.
- Once it is melted (which won't be long), spoon it into your mold of choice. Silicone tends to work best. Let the chocolate cool a bit and work it up the side little by little as it thickens back up.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
- Take the chocolate halves out of the fridge & the molds.
- Place one half-sphere down on a pan at low heat for a very short moment (This is to soften the edge so you can seal the sphere shut)
- If you want, you can also add 1 Max Mallow Low Carb Keto Marshmallow in one side of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Press together and set aside.
- Melt Lilly’s white chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave in 15 second increments.
- Drizzle over chocolate bombs.
- To serve, warm your milk of choice in a standard microwave safe mug for 2-3 minutes.
- Drop keto hot cocoa bomb into milk, stir and enjoy the satisfaction of watching it melt!
Calories 200, Total C 6g, Fiber 1g, Net C 3g, Sugars 3g, Fat 6.6g, Protein 16g